Sunday, January 31, 2010

Army like it's 2006



I have quite the love/hate relationship with pants. More of a hate relationship really. I've come to terms with the fact that I should just buy a pair of pants that fit me on top, and then get used to whatever comes along on the bottom. While I do have that wonderful pair of Joe's jeans, it's a very light summer weight that does not pair well with the arctic weather that takes up half of the year here. So, after recently losing two pairs of pants to the risks of laundering, I basically have one pair of pants that I can wear year round, being my trusty black pair of Buffalo jeans. Yesterday, I did have to give in a buy a semi-mediocre pair of denim pants at American Apparel in order to prolong the life of my Buffalo's, just in case Denim Therapy can't resuscitate them when they inevitably show their age. I am however still in the market for some army green pants, as I feel quite challenged in putting an outfit together without them. I keep reading that the military look is in this season, so here's hoping that there'll be some more pieces from Junya Watanabe's Fall 2006 collection appearing on eBay (a pair of those cargo pants are listed here). Aside from the spiky shoes and headgear, this may be one of the most perfect collections I've come across, hence the accompanying non-pants related photos. Sigh. At least I have my ArtLab jacket and skirt to fill the Junya void. But, dearest Patricia, I'd like some pants too please. And a dress too.



(Photos via Style.com)


Related Posts