Monday, January 4, 2010

Bed time



Alright, so that will likely be my last entire day away from my blog for a while. Unless I don't make it home in time tomorrow from a matinee and the dreaded Laundry Day. I just came home from what I believe to be one of the most wonderful places on earth. I don't know what I did to deserve having a place where I can always find good friends, good conversations, good food, good drinks, a cozy couch, and my 2nd favorite dog. When I'm there, I lose all track of time and diet restrictions, and laugh until my face hurts. And when I leave, I want to cry, yet at the same time carry home a warm fuzzy feeling. I know it might sound cheesy, but there's no other way to put it. It's no wonder why it was our first and only choice of where to have our wedding.

And whilst I was there and opted out of the yearly Dutch Blitz tournament, which is always won by the same person, I watched Julie & Julia. I found it both quite delightful. Also, I thought Julie's comments on having a blog were quite interesting and, in a way, similar to my own experience. It truly is nice to have something outside of my job and my everyday life with which I can escape and find enjoyment. And I'm also rather giddy when I receive a comment on a post, as it's proof that I'm not just sending out words into the Great Cyber Unknown. And while I don't plan or hope for anything like a book or movie to come out of this blog, it's nice to have something that could provide the potential for something, at least the potential to dream.

By the way, when I return, or the day afterwards anyway, I will be posting an interview with a dear friend of mine, who was a great deal responsible for me beginning this blog. So I do hope you'll stop by soon.


Related Posts