Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jessica Darwin



Second up for today is, I admit, basically a rerun of a post on Haute Macabre that was probably the highlight of yesterday for me. These gorgeous pieces are by L.A.-based designer, Jessica Darwin. Her entire collection, entitled 'jinxed', is simply full of awesome. From that backless suspended-bustle gown, to the neck/face corset, to the dripping sheer tank... Also, perhaps because of all the latex gloves that fill my work day, I've never been a fan of latex as clothing. But now methinks Jessica has changed my mind, particularly with that green draped number (she studied draping in Belgium, in case you're wondering where an L.A. girl would've learned how to do that)... The model also nearly convinced me to chop off my hair while at the salon this morning, as my hair used to look that fabulous (honest!). Alas, I'm trying to commit to growing it out. I could perhaps revisit my desire for more tattoos though...

Currently, Jessica only does custom made to order work, but her designs will soon be available as a ready to wear line. Stay tuned!


Related Posts