Thursday, January 14, 2010

BORCHER



My walk home last night at 1:30 AM has got to have been the creepiest walk home ever. I couldn't see what was making the noise, but I assumed it was snow removal machines or construction related machines out by the river. But it sounded like dinosaurs or very very large elephants mourning the death of the world. By the time I got home, I was rather freaked out, and so I turned to the Internets for a bit of comfort. And in it's vast number of pages, I discovered the amazing Danish label, BORCHER, by Christina Borcher. Each and every one of these noir creations are simply stunning, and something I would definitely wear to escape. Sigh.


The top two photos are of the S/S 10 'Chasseur' collection, the next two from the A/W 09 'Exxo' collection, and the last two from the S/S 09 'Endo' collection. If you have the funds, all items can be made to order from the website, and some are available at the lovely online shop Kotyr. I'm simply amazed that this label has only been around since 2008.


As Christina herself says: BORCHER is the black feather in the sea of white.



Related Posts