Saturday, January 9, 2010

Stuck on you



Yes, I know that everyone is probably long done with this collection, but I can't seem to get away from those perfect Comme des Garçons' Fall 2009 pieces. The fact that Rei Kawakubo is simply a genius, paired with my new favorite wardrobe staple (my ArtLab coat) AND my reacquaintance with Kat Stratford, has resulted in my obsession with all things military inspired. So much so that I'm thinking of taking my lab coat home one day to sew on military buttons. Now, while I've gotten over my original CdG envy, I would gladly welcome these two coats into the fold. I even like the trompe l'oeil detailing of the first coat, which surprises me a little. I don't think I'll ever get away from my love of asymmetrical details, layers, and voluminous shapes. And the iconic twisted coat detailing is just too darling. No matter who I see wearing them.


Oh, and this is what I'd like to be wearing today. Nothing makes army pretty like a layer of tulle. I could conquer the world in this outfit.

(Photos via Style.com)


Related Posts