Friday, January 22, 2010

Helena Carrizosa



Thank you to the few of you that sent me comments/emails regarding my last post. Sometimes I just need to write down my thoughts and feelings as I try to figure out what I'm doing with my life. And sometimes I need to be reminded that I don't need to figure it all out anyway. None of that really affects this blog right now though, especially not when I keep getting sick and have loads of time to scour the Internets just for you, my lovely readers. And today's ailments bring to our attention London-based Italian/Columbian designer, Helena Carrizosa. What first struck me when I stumbled upon her NJAL page is her policy of having small collections of strictly one-off pieces: "it is not about the quantity, it is about the quality and exclusivity." With her S/S 10 collection, I can definitely see a limited number of people being able to see themselves in the pieces they see on the runway (such as the piece below). For Helena's S/S 09 collection (above), however, I could see many a girl clamouring over the ownership of these gorgeous and utterly wearable pieces. Especially when they hear that the piece the collection is centered around, called the JupeTop, is a multi-functional top, skirt, dress, and accessory all in one. Take that, mass-produced fashion!



Related Posts