Sunday, January 10, 2010

Crepes...and Katharina Hermes


If you know me personally and/or have ever been to my house, you would know that I do not cook. I can cook, I just don't do it (with the exception of amazing sandwiches and french toast, of course). However, since my first visit to Montreal, I instantly salivate at the mention of crepes, apples, or maple syrup, and even more so at any combination thereof. And so, for about the last year or so, I've had this recipe file sitting on my desktop to try whenever I got enough motivation to gather a few ingredients and get out a couple of pans and measuring utensils. Today was the day, and the result was absolutely glorious. Let's just say, it tasted like this:


mixed with this:


I'm curious to see what I could make that would taste like this:


Oh, if you're wondering what the recipe was, just do the following:

- Make 8 crepes and put aside (I used some crepe mix that I just had to add water and eggs to).
- Lock your door because the smell that will soon be coming from your kitchen will likely attract any and all passersby.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium high heat.
- Stir in 4-6 peeled, cored, and sliced apples (I used Golden Delicious apples). Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of maple syrup and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat a bit, and cook for another 5ish minutes until the apples are soft and caramelized.
- Divide this mixture up between the crepes, and put a couple of thin slices of brie on top of the apple mixture before you roll up each crepe.
- Then put the rolled up crepes on a baking sheet or in a glass cake pan, and warm them up at 350 degrees for about 5ish minutes, or to melt the brie. Eat and take all the credit for such a delicious creation.

Me and my man ate this for supper and could only eat three crepes each. I'm sure it's supposed to be dessert anyway, but two crepes per person would be the perfect snack/dessert. Yum.

(Photos from Katharina Hermes' breathtaking 'Body Architecture' collection.)


Related Posts