Friday, January 1, 2010

And greys? What greys?



Oh, how did I ever live 26 years without watching Breakfast at Tiffany's in it's entirety? Except for that one character, the movie is positively wonderful (although the edition we rented has a special feature which Paramount should be congratulated for, commenting on the casting choice of Mr. Yunioshi). I've always known that Audrey Hepburn was a style icon, but have you seen her at 60 years old (i.e. her interview with Barbara Walters in 1989)? She looks just as lovely at that age as in her 20s. Sigh.

Anywho, Audrey Hepburn of course inspires me fashion wise, and so I had to look for something else beautiful to post before the first day of this new decade is over. And so I found Ohne Titel, a label formed by two Parson's graduates (surprise!), via Haute Macabre. The A/W 09/10 collection is full of my favorite non-colour, black, but it's the greys of the S/S 10 collection that are catching my eye this cold night. Gorgeous. I especially adore this avant garde take on the women's suit jacket (below), which seems to me, as a high fashion neophyte, to be the perfect mix of Comme des Garçons and Patricia Ayres. So what? So plenty.



Related Posts