Monday, January 25, 2010

Denim and braces



I own a denim dress. I never thought I'd see the day. I haven't owned anything denim besides jeans since I was probably 12 or 13, when my sister and I both got denim jackets and long denim dresses (which were quite matronly, I must say). My denim consumption in general has been declining actually, as no one in the jean industry (at least in my price/shopping range) seems to be interested in making jeans that I actually want and can fit into. But then Tiina comes along, and changes my entire view of this workmen's fabric. This dress was kind of a spontaneous purchase as I've been saving up to get the Attila Design item that's in My Top 3 Want List. But it fits me absolutely perfect even though it wasn't made for me (or was it?!!), and it's simply incredible. Denim industry, don't expect to hear from me anytime soon. After seeing what Tiina can do with the fabric that is supposed to be your specialty, I don't think I need you any longer.



And while we're on the topic of the genius that is Attila Design, I heart this arm brace/cuff. If I were a neuroscientist, Tiina's brain would be the one I'd be most interested in. I don't quite understand where she gets all her ideas from, but the ignorance involved in this is the most blissful that can be imagined.


Related Posts