Friday, February 19, 2010

Bora Aksu



Though I'm planning a solo trip to New York in September, it's clearly London Fashion Week that I need to get to at some point. Fashion156 once again has introduced me to an incredible designer, who just showed his A/W 10/11 collection (above) across the pond. Looking through London-based Turkish designer Bora Aksu's amazing portfolio from this collection back to 2003 (below), I can pick out quite a plethora of pieces that I would gladly don. Even more so when I read that Tori Amos bought his entire S/S 05 collection for her Beekeeper tour. Ah, if only. Bora's earlier A/W collections are personally my favorites for the rich earthy colours and increased texture and layering. Although that black web-like detailing in the S/S 10 collection is beyond breathtaking. Like a mixture of Alexander McQueen, Rodarte, and Inbar Spector all in one. And don't even get me started on those glorious paneled leggings. Sigh.


(Photos via LFW and Bora's website)


Related Posts