Sunday, December 27, 2009

Inbar Spector



As Inbar Spector is a favorite designer of Queen Michelle, I've likely seen something of this young London-based designer before. However, it was not until today that I did some extra clicking, and thus it is not until now that I have also fallen in love with Inbar's gorgeous creations. I simply have a soft spot in my heart for anything that channels Björk (especially the first dress at the top centre) and, of course, for anything that I could see myself easily wearing any day.

The last collection posted on her website is the S/S 09 collection (above), which "is a technical tour de force, combining exquisite detailing with a ready to wear aesthetic that’s now Spector’s trademark style. Twisting and rouching feature heavily in her light and organic collection. Large swathes of fabric are used skilfully to create volumous, elegant, neo-classical structures, playing with Inbar’s typically feminine yet practical silhouette."


Here are also some pieces from her A/W 08 debut catwalk collection (above), and her graduate collection (below). Aren't they all absolutely breathtaking? Sigh.


According to Inbar's new blog, she is working on a new collection. I simply cannot wait to see what new beautiful pieces of wearable art she creates.


Related Posts