Monday, December 14, 2009

Dirty Librarian Chains



I can't get these pictures any bigger, so I apologize. But, as you know, I'm not really a jewelry person anyway. It's the label name and titles of the pieces that amuse me. And I'm easily amused. These are from a label called "Dirty Librarian Chains", and are handmade by Susan Domelsmith in Brooklyn, largely from vintage costume jewelry. My favorite is the Dirty Librarian Chains Poetry piece (left), although I like the idea of wearing the Dirty Librarian Chains Reference piece (middle) over top of a black shirt so that the gold chains look like they're floating. And my man is a reference librarian, so...yeah. Now available on The Moon and Mars.

Which reminds me, I need to find an old librarian index card drawer unit, like Susie Bubble wants for her gloves. I just went through the ominous pile of clothing on my dresser, and it's rather ridiculous. It's quite likely I won't be able to procure a better organization system for my clothing until we get out of a one bedroom apartment, but a girl can dream.


Related Posts