Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More of Alexandra Groover S/S 10




So exciting! Alexandra Groover's video showcasing her S/S 10 collection is now posted on her blog and on Vimeo for your viewing pleasure. Here are a few quick screenshots I took of my favorite looks - love the more ethereal look of the new shell hooded dress, and I love that tulip petal/peplum belt/waist detailing/overskirt. This gorgeously dark and disjointed video has made me fall in love with Alexandra's work even more. And I'm really thinking that videos rather than runway shows are quite an ingenious way to go, especially for an independent designer. They definitely give more life and beauty to the pieces for an online viewer (a.k.a. an unable-to-go-to-fashion-weeks person) like me.

And in other news: my interview with Liza Rietz shall be posted tomorrow evening, so I suggest you stop on by.

Edit: The petal/belt/waist detailing/overskirt I was wondering about is a skirt - the onoclea skirt to be precise - check out the new collection on Alexandra's website. I'm sure I'll also be posting more on it in an upcoming interview with Alexandra herself.


Related Posts