Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A bike crash and a pretty dress



So, turns out being 25 ain't all it's cracked up to be. Last night I went on my last bike ride as a 25-year-old. My man is having fun showing me new single track trails because it turns out that, now that I have a real mountain bike (R.I.P. Sally), I enjoy real mountain biking and am pretty good at it. So we went on this trail that I've walked before, but I've never actually had the courage to ride. It's really not that bad, but you do have to be confident riding this trail in order to make it through on your wheels. It might've been the heat/humidity or the bugs I was trying to get out of my helmet, but something happened and I crashed. Hard. First time since I was a little girl, riding round and round a puddle much too fast wearing only my bathing suit (ouch!). This crash has largely immobilized both my knees and has left me with a possible shin fracture, a couple of bruises, many scrapes, and a nasty rope-burn-looking red mark on my neck. Sigh.

Perhaps if I was Lara Stone, I could've lived my last day as a 25-year-old a tad classier. So Lara, enjoy your last few months being only a quarter of a century. And thank you for choosing this dress by Su Pei Ho to be in your September collection of The Shop. It will greatly compliment my colourful scrapes and bruises. I hope it doesn't smell like cigarette smoke though.


Related Posts