Tuesday, November 24, 2009

In This Corner...I Am Not A Paper Cup


I have attempted to go No Impact for the month of November, not a terribly difficult feat considering I don't eat meat, I walk to work and I live in New York, where life is relatively sustainable to begin with. However, one of my apparent vices that I was unable to kick during the past month was buying coffee from local (fair trade, organic) coffee shops in disposable paper cups. I know, I know, coffee is not grown locally, so it's a vice in itself. But I'm taking baby steps!

Enter my new ceramic "paper cup" bought for me yesterday by my very considerate boyfriend. It is available at the MoMA store and Whole Foods, among other places. While it is going to encourage my coffee habit, at least my trash bin at the studio will no longer be filled with used cups and lids. Like I said, baby steps.

***


Today's Corner (the very first Corner in fact!) was brought to you by Tara St. James of Study NY, whom I previously mused about here. You can also read more about Tara's first solo collection, The Square Project, here. And stay tuned for an exclusive interview with Tara, coming up soon on this very blog.


(P.S. In case you missed the memo, "In This Corner..." is a new segment on my blog, where a guest designer will write the post and let us all know a little bit about what goes on upstairs. Much more coming up!)


Related Posts