Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Half circle tunic = evolutionary success



Sorry for the absence folks, but I was off at my alma mater listening to Jay Ingram talk about "Darwin's Sexy Science". As I have a Bachelor of Science from another life, which included an evolutionary psychology class, I didn't learn anything fundamentally new at this talk. But Jay Ingram is pretty cool because he's on the Discovery Channel. And he had a blues band called The Mutations back him up to explain the tenets behind Darwin's Descent of Man. AND, I felt I was quite properly dressed. Apparently a woman's waist-to-hip ratio is quite important in being selected as a mate, and I was illustrating this (possibly in an exaggerated way) with my Liza Rietz half circle tunic and wedding ring. There was no mention of what the evolutionary success rate of wearing ruffles is though. Sigh.



Related Posts