Monday, October 25, 2010

mydearthing, F/W 10



So, the last couple of days, I've been thinking of doing a kOs F/W 10 Essentials List. Every time I'm preparing my wardrobe for fall/winter, it seems like there are always a few key pieces that I'm missing - that one long sleeved layering piece, that one warm skirt, that one pair of warm pants, that one go-to sweater...And this afternoon seemed like the perfect time to compile the list, seeing as I woke up today to this winter's first snow (I know, I know, it's only October...). However, a brand new mydearthing collection was posted this very afternoon, and thus Lauren seems to have beaten me to the punch. You see, the collection is entitled the 'Missing Piece' collection. Honestly. If I didn't know better, I'd think that Lauren could read my mind. Because this collection contains every single essential I (and probably you) need this fall/winter, all in one convenient location (ie. one low shipping price!). 

I absolutely love how every single piece is utterly layerable, not only with the other pieces in the collection, but also with previous mydearthing collections and most non-mydearthing things in my wardrobe. For instance, the bamboo/organic cotton Ten Flip Slip (top left and right). I am lucky to be the very first recipient of this piece, and I'm telling you, it's a definite must for any layering fiend. I've worn this non-stop since my NY trip (both layered and not), and I really should be buying a second one. I love how it looks under the Carly Dress (top, 2nd row left), which Lauren is wearing here with a belt (as she also does with the Carly Top (top, 2nd row right) - genius!). If you're not into having a longer layer, I'd definitely go for the Y Back Tank (also made from bamboo/organic cotton; below in natural), which you see repeatedly throughout the photos of this collection (and rightly so).


I was also lucky to see the wool jersey Panel Skirt  (below, top row) developed, which I think looks absolutely fantastic with its long front panel twisted to the side. I'd definitely love to see this layered underneath the wool jersey/lycra blend Irregular Hem Dress (which I talk about below), and over top of the Wool Circle Seam Pants, which altogether would create some great colour blocking.


Then there are the always lovely knit pieces from Lauren, this time around being the perfect Crop Knit (below left), the gorgeous alpaca Drop Stitch Hooded Wrap (below right; this looks fantastic underneath Lauren's new thrifted Lisbeth Salander jacket, as seen in the Etsy listing), as well as a couple revamped winter accessories (which are yet to be posted on Etsy). Sigh.



My favorite pieces, however, are a complete surprise to me: the tissue-weight wool jersey/lycra blend Sheer Longsleeved Sweater (which is something that I've unknowingly been waiting for from Lauren; below, top left in black, and above right in grey), the boiled merino wool jersey Funnel Hoodie (a.k.a. best pullover ever; below, top right), the wool/cotton/lycra twill Over Tie Trousers (mydeathing pants!; below, 2nd row left in olive, above with the Y Back Tank in black), and the Irregular Hem Dress (seen here in crimson red overtop of the Wool Circle Seam Pants; below, 2nd row right). These pieces are so completely perfect, and again are pushing me towards a more minimalist look...with a bit of a twist.


From the length of this collection review, I think it'll be rather obvious that this is my most favorite mydearthing collection. Lauren has such a beautiful and effortless style, and that shines through more than ever with these new pieces. And I take comfort in knowing that, as always, all mydearthing pieces are lovingly handmade using organic, surplus, vintage, or reclaimed materials. Truly, even though I'll likely be buying more than I should from this collection, Lauren has done me quite the favour by posting this today of all days. Winter, I'm ready.


Related Posts