Sunday, October 3, 2010

Illustrate this.



Last night we rented Robin Hood. The best part of the film, besides Cate Blanchett of course, was the end credits sequence, which was (or at least appeared to be) hand painted scenes (by Gianluigi Toccafondo) from the movie that had been edited together to appear animated. If only Mr. Scott had made the whole movie that way. Sigh. I have such a great deal of respect for people who are talented enough to just sit down and create an amazing illustration. It's so blasé, like "oh hi, I was just doodling while waiting for my cappuccino, and now here's a masterpiece on a napkin that will be worth $1.5 million next week." Well, maybe such people just make it look easy, and it's really a time consuming thing to get an illustration to look completely fabulous. Perhaps that's why The Unknown Hipster has only posted a handful of times in one year. At any rate, if I could illustrate at the drop of a hat, I would be all over these life jacket/straitjacket bondage/harness/bib things from Ann Demeulemeester that have been in my head ever since Lauren of mydearthing pointed me in their direction. Illustrating should be easy when all you need is a black pen, right?


(Runway photos via Style.com)


Related Posts