Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rant on Rant



Well, actually the title is a bit misleading, as I can't really 'rant', per se, about Brisbane-based rant clothing. All I can say is that they sound simply wonderful, and that their basic layering pieces could very easily create the foundation of my wardrobe. rant clothing is all about local and environmentally conscious manufacturing, from sustainable and locally milled fabrics, to independent cutters and sewers, to waterless printing with vegetable inks on recycled paper, and green powered web hosting. In their philosophy, they also state that they 'promote garment longevity'. What more could a girl ask for? Their newest collection, 'Crystallography', is up on NJAL, including the looks seen above. The ones below are from earlier collections, from which I could pick out many favorite go to pieces for my layering pleasure, especially as they mirror my favorite clothing palette. Too bad ordering from Australia would defeat the purpose of making locally produced clothing in order to minimize the miles (and environmental impact) between material and customer. Sigh.



Related Posts