Friday, April 2, 2010

Quad vs. Long


Dear Readers,

I have two important lessons to share with you. First of all, if you are accustomed to drinking an espresso-based beverage containing three shots of said espresso, do not, under any circumstances order a drink containing four shots of espresso. It will indefinitely render you either senseless or (hyper)sense-ful or, in my case, both in no particular order. I've written this down as one of the worst decisions of my life, and as such will not repeat it again in my lifetime. 

Secondly, if you happen to find yourself in my city, go to Nokomis! This is one of the two brick-and-mortar shops I (semi-)frequent, and I should frequent it more. I always seem to forget that they carry complexgeometries, and so, whilst browsing for something to send in a blog-swap package to Finland, I was delighted to be able to try on a few pieces that I'd put in my online cart long ago. In particular, I'd almost checked out with cg's long leggings quite a few times, but wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much on jersey hosiery. Nokomis, however, somehow has prices that are a few dollars lower than cg's webshop prices. This, along with their wonderful staff, resulted in me walking away with a size smaller than I would've mistakenly ordered from the cg site. And, they put my purchase in a delightful handmade fabric bag. If you are on your way to my city, check out Nokomis' blog first to see if you spy anything you'd like to snatch up in particular. And if you can't make it to Nokomis, I highly recommend ordering these leggings from cg. These are what I've been looking for since joining the leggings club, as they are the first pair that actually fit, are comfy, and stay up all day (and I mean all day) without any tugging. And they feature an extra high 'waistband', which can be worn up as a tube top, or folded over like a mini-skirt. I knew before trying them on that I'd love that, as I have two pairs of pants by treehouse28 with the same feature which I always wear to lounge around in. Now,  let's just hope the fashion police don't spot me in my head-to-toe complexgeometries outfit today...or tomorrow.

Sincerely,
A recovering long-legging-ed espresso addict


Related Posts