Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm just a girl with a bustle (or two)




You may have noticed that this is not a 'what I wore today' blog. This is true for many reasons, including the fact that I have a crap camera and live in a very poorly lit apartment. You may also remember the fact that I tend to buy pretty garments just so I can look at them, with little to no intention of actually wearing them. Today, however, I was inspired to create an outfit that included an as-yet unworn piece, and was so taken with it that I proudly carried myself out the door with it on before my nerves faltered. And, I must say, it was kind of exhilarating! Not that the piece, being my fabulous ArtLab Bustle of Lysistrata, is unwearable or all that odd, especially in my area during the Fringe Festival. It's just something out of my normal repertoire, and definitely far beyond the mall outfits which grace 95% of the females around here. At any rate, the registry gals thought I was a tad touched coming to get my license renewed in such an outfit. But you can't win them all, can you? So please excuse the poor photography that I felt the need to share with you, but I felt pretty, oh so pretty. Thanks Patricia for such a wonderful piece! Oh, and the extra poofiness underneath is provided by the also bustle-ish top made by yours truly out of the remnants of a toga party (layered over an AA tank top). I must say there was quite a bit of fabric gathering in the hip region there, but it was nicely balanced by my trusty black slim-cut Buffalo jeans which you can't see. 

My next goal: to create an outfit featuring my ArtLab Charlie Chaplin Couture Bib


Related Posts