Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sheer madness



So, not only am I stuck on maxi dresses, but I think I'm also stuck on some form of trench coat, perhaps of the sheer variety. I think it all started with Junya Watanbe's S/S 11 sheer rendition, which I had mostly forgotten about until I saw this.hearts.on.fire post about NYC-based designer Siki Im. Siki has an incredible trench coat in his F/W 11 collection (above left), which prompted me to take a look at his previous collection, leading to this sheer trench from Siki's S/S 11 collection (above right). 

Now, I obviously don't think that a sheer trench is practical by any means, and thus would never even contemplate buying one. However, I do think it has a certain charm about it, and so, if I could find a hybrid between a Siki Im trench and, say, an origami-/kaleidoscope-inspired sheer vest by fashion grad Shenaz Engineer (below), I would consider such an investment.


Then again, maybe I should just go for a sheer button up dress, such as by Tel Aviv-based label First Kiss.


(Black and white Shenaz Engineer photo via Frock Paper Scissors)


Related Posts