Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eleanor Amoroso, A/W 11






It seems as though I'm subconsciously looking for some sort of quirky maxi dress for the warmer weather, as those are the pieces I've been bookmarking and adding to my Etsy Favorites lately. So this morning's email is more than welcome, as I've never seen maxi dresses quite like this before. Well, except for in the same designer's previous collection. Remember the gorgeous handmade graduate collection of Eleanor Amoroso which consisted of macrame dresses and accessories? Well, the London-based designer has done it again with her A/W 11 collection, this time sticking mainly to black fine fringing to knot together some spectacular pieces, accented again with metal clasps and piping. Make sure you click on the photos to see the details (well, except for that first dark photo - that one is here more for the interesting silhouette possible only with a dress made of fringing). I'd love to see these pieces styled with some mesh dresses, leggings, and bodysuits underneath, a great cardigan or jacket on top (perhaps something by InAisce) and possibly some Dr. Martens. Specifically, I'm going to be dreaming about the dress with the cap sleeves (also seen below), and try to convince myself that I wouldn't let it get more knotted up if I were to get my hands on it.


For those of you that are interested, the clothing pieces can only be ordered directly from Eleanor herself, while the accessories are available now from NJAL's The Shop.



Related Posts