Sunday, January 23, 2011

I don't want to wait in vain...



I must share with you an absolutely amazing find via a quick 5:30AM look at Dirty Flaws, being a label called InAisce (possibly pronounced 'in aska', from the Gaelic 'in vain'), from Brooklyn-based designer Jona. These photos are from the F/W 11/12 'Ashen Tundra, Frozen Roads' collection, which simultaneously makes me think of Alexander McQueen, Sruli Recht, and Cormac McCarthy's The Road. While previous online write-ups on InAisce categorize it as menswear, this collection may (or may not) show a slight divergence in Jona's impeccably tailored and perfectly detailed coats and jackets, though all these pieces would work equally well on any slim (and non-conformist) body. I'll likely go see if IF in Soho still has some of the S/S 11 in February, but I would love to set my eyes on this particular collection in person (or, better yet, try a piece on) while I'm in Brooklyn. Indeed, I could definitely be convinced to save up any spending monies from this year for when this collection is released to the world. Definitely.



(P.S. InAisce is also available at Layers.)



Related Posts