Sunday, August 8, 2010

That's SHINtastic



I wanted to post this as soon as I found it, but as it's basically a re-blog job, I thought I should wait a tad. Found via the Kingdom, Brooklyn-based designer Shinwon Yoon's label SHIN is one of the most exciting label finds for me since complexgeometries...especially as it reminds me of cg. Not only are there perfectly draped pieces just begging to be layered and mixed with my current wardrobe, but each SHIN piece is 100% cotton jersey, in either black or white. Also, many of the pieces are relatively reasonably priced (comparable to cg), especially as most (if not all) pieces are made in the US. Sizing is quite simple too, as it goes from XS to L, and apparently runs fairly true. In short, this label is entirely perfect for me, as these pieces and shapes are what I'd want to wear most days anyway. The wonderful Stefen from SHIN informs me that Oak on Bond Street should be receiving the new F/W 10 collection (see above) at the end of this month, so that's a definite stop for my trip (I hear they also got some SILENT by Damir Doma in...). Though there are a couple of gorgeous S/S 10 pieces (see below) still available in the SHIN online shop that I'd be more than happy to get...


I think this shot from the S/S 10 collection is my new favorite outfit. Simple, yes, but I've been striving for a more simple life as of late.



Related Posts