Saturday, August 14, 2010

Beautiful Thieves



Hurray for working Internets! I had to switch providers just so I no longer wanted to throw my beautiful MacBook out the window every five minutes. And so far (though I had to suffer through an intense migraine first), change is good. Especially as I was free to enjoy my Saturday afternoon caramel macchiato alongside a lengthy session of web surfing, which led me back to Sonja den Elzen's Toronto-based sustainable label, Thieves. I am in love with these two new items in particular, available in the Thieves' online shop. The '5 in 1 dress' above is reminiscent of my beloved complexgeometries two face dress, as it's made of tencel, and can be styled in different ways based on how you wear the sleeves. Available in black, purple, or heather grey, I just think it's the perfect staple. And this cardigan! Made of organic cotton voile, which I've become a devoted fan of because of Mandula, this seems like just the layer I'd need for my New York trip. The back reminds me of a Vivienne Westwood piece I was once scouring the Internets for which didn't seem to exist in my size...


And in completely unrelated news, the first five pieces of Liza Rietz's newest collection are now available in her Etsy shop! Which reminds me, I have to decide which Liza Rietz piece is going with me on my trip. I have to narrow it down to one as they're all rather voluminous...


Related Posts