Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Laura Siegel, S/S 12




While I have never before wanted to go to Toronto (at least to my recollection), I would have preferred being there this afternoon than my hometown. The reason being that former kOs-interviewee Laura Siegel finally resurfaced and was showing her S/S 12 collection at Toronto Fashion Week. Laura spent six months in India and South-East Asia to collaborate with artisans, such as those in the Dhebaria Rabari Tribe, to come up with the dye work, embroidery, and textiles within this very airy collection. Quite a different direction from her nomadic graduate collection, but still focusing on sustainable creations. Rather lovely, don't you think? Not to mention perfect, and making me willing to forego my usual blacks and greys. I am going blonde, after all. Also, for the second time I find myself thinking about Libby from LOST as a result of seeing pretty floaty island-ish clothing. I didn't even like her that much as a character, so I'm not really sure what's going on there. What I am sure of, however, is that bad bridesmaids dresses have given sea-foam as a colour an undeserved bad name, as Laura and Inbar Spector have both proved its worth.

(Photos via FDCC's Facebook)


Related Posts