Thursday, September 29, 2011

Where are they now?


I've been sorely neglecting my duties of keeping you updated on ol' kOs favorites, so I thought I'd combine three such updates into one neat package. First up is fashion grad Stacey Grant. We last visited her over a year ago while she was studying for her MA at Kingston University. Well, Stacey graduated and has just accepted a position as a lecturer for Fashion Design at the University of Wales. Congratulations, Stacey! This is good news both for her and for future designers. Oh, how I still want this dress of Stacey's...


Second up is Becca McCharen's Chromat. It's only been a couple of months since we last saw the cagey aesthetic of this NY-based label, but the S/S 12 collection lookbook has been out for a couple of weeks already, and it's time you see it. While the A/W 11 collection was comprised primarily of accessories, S/S 12 features stand-alone pieces of clothing that you can go out to brunch with your parents in, while still getting that blatant look of disapproval from anyone over sixty (go to the Chromat Facebook to see more). What I'm loving most from the collection though is Chromat's first foray into swimwear. That is how a bikini should be done, as far as I'm concerned.



And last up is Inbar Spector. We last saw Inbar in about 1859, or thereabouts, when she graciously answered some of my questions. Well, as you may have seen posted by Queen Michelle, Inbar has finally put out another collection, which was just shown at last week's Vauxhall Fashion Scout portion of LFW. At first I thought that the collection was a huge departure from her previous work, but after seeing the entire collection on Inbar's (updated) website, I can see that she's simply added even more intricacies into her aesthetic by upping the opulent factor, and has thus even moreso honed her talent for creating couture. Make sure you double click to see the gorgeous details, and go to Inbar's site to watch the runway video. I'd definitely wear that seafoam swan-ish dress (seafoam!), and it goes without saying that I can still see Björk wearing every single piece of Inbar's. Sigh.



Ladies, I'm so proud.


Related Posts