Friday, October 21, 2011

Whatever




You know how 'whatever' was such a powerful word when you were a teenager? It was always the perfect response to any question, but depending on who you said it to and with what inflection, its effects could range from being admired by your peers, (and/)or grounded for the weekend. And I imagine it would've been even more powerful if you were wearing a long black dress whilst saying it. I don't know about you, but a long black dress that was not expressly purchased as a bridesmaid's dress (don't ask) did not enter my wardrobe until very recently (thanks to ArtLab and Alexandra Groover, in fact). My question now is whether I could recreate the same teenage angst if I got a hold of one of these unisex/androgynous pieces from Ukrainian-Russian label WHATEVER, from designer Alexandra Burzum (not to be confused with Varg Vikernes'/Count Grishnackh's black metal band) and art-director Sheina Miretskaya (found via NJAL). Actually, I know I just provided you the link, but could you do me a favour and not visit the WHATEVER website? I have a feeling this is going to be my new favorite label (did I mention they use only natural materials?), and there's a lot more photos I'd love to post here from previous collections. I mean, you can do whatever you want, but, whatever.

And speaking of metal, if you haven't been to a black metal or folk metal show and are wondering what it would all entail, below is the standard look you'd see up on stage. Some days just aren't complete without seeing a guy with gorgeous long hair wearing a skirt or dress and headbanging.



Related Posts