Wednesday, March 30, 2011

LoveCarpet, S/S 11



The Googles must be broken, or at least in bed with a cold, because I was sure that I had written about Adel Kovacs before (because I did!), and yet my search box yielded 'No Results' to all but one Adel-related search term. Ah well. All that matters is: Adel (being the designer behind Hungarian label LoveCarpet and connected with that magical k e p p showroom) has a lovely new collection (S/S 11) with pieces (in my second favorite colour) which require a second look and yet also seem familiar. Hence why I like it even though me and chalk dust don't get along, and hence why Adel is featured on the 'cover' of NJAL this week. Here are my favorite pieces from the collection:


The leggings/skirt hybrid. No big deal.


This silhouette reminds me of the ethereal Cate Blanchett in that gold studded McQueen dress.


If I had to re-enact one of my elementary track and field days set in a lingerie store, this would be my outfit.


I've grown partial to this shape because of the cg Wave T, and I'm intrigued by pairing it with a slimmer skirt (or a leggings/skirt hybrid) on the bottom.

By the way, do kids even know what chalk dust is these days?


Related Posts