Friday, March 2, 2012

Aganovich, A/W 12/13



Thanks to Fashion156, I have now been introduced to a label called Aganovich, and a site called Fashionising.com. I actually think I've seen links to Fashionising.com in the past, but never realized it is a treasure trove during the Fashion Weeks, as it includes designers that do not make it onto UK Vogue.com or Style.com. And since I've been so utterly bored with the vast majority of shows this season (please don't fail me YOHJ JUN VIV!), I get perhaps even more excited than usual when I see a show that is actually doing something interesting. Such as Aganovich. This London-based (and Paris-showing) label is from Central Saint Martins grad Nana Aganovich and writer/conceptual designer Brooke Taylor. While I'd prefer all of these pieces to be in black, the white nicely accentuates the seam detailing, angled sleeve shape, and neoprene-stiff fabrics used in this A/W 12/13 collection. If you flip through all the photos, you'll notice that Nana was likely inspired at least in part by nuns for both her palette and her lovely demure dresses. (Edit: Apparently the collection was inspired by icebergs and avalanches. Same difference.)




Related Posts