Monday, July 11, 2011

Yeah We Know


My new favorite editing outfit:




OAK cardigan (sorry, it's no longer available) + Dinosaur Jr. tee, in grey with black print/logo (from amazing show in NY last month) + mydearthing Panel Skirt (if you don't have it already, you'll have to wait one week for the Etsy shop to re-open) + complexgeometries mega hose + monochrome Chucks + long flowing hair (which I will mourn for months, if not years, if I actually cut it as planned)

This outfit not only gave me the will to sit in Starbucks for nearly two hours (something I never ever do anymore), but also to edit nearly twenty consecutive pages of a Master's thesis for said nearly two hours. I must say, however, that the mesh part you can fold over or wear like a strapless top on the cg leggings is quite (i.e. immensely) annoying. If you walk at all (or at least like me), it simply does not like to stay folded over (as mesh over mesh just slips and wiggles until it's not mesh over mesh), nor does it like to stay up over a bra. And due to the doubled fabric, you can't just discreetly yank it down/up back into place - you have to go lock yourself in a bathroom stall and totally reconfigure everything from the waist up. Meaning that, if you're not willing to give up your coveted seat and/or possessions to walk to the much-too-far-away washroom, you end up stuck with this bunched up mass of mesh fabric under the bust, not unlike a ruched waist cincher that you never wanted to wear. Sigh. At any rate, it's a good thing I purposely bought my Dinosaur Jr. tee a size larger, as you couldn't see the bunched-up-ness going on underneath it. Also note that the bunched-up-ness that you do want going on in the leg area does not act as any type of mosquito repellent (and may, in fact, be an attractant). I did say this was a 'favorite' outfit, right?

While I'm here, I will also share with you the fact that the Dinosaur Jr. tee is hands down my favorite non-metal infused tee ever. I may or may not have worn it for longer than 24 hours at a time in the recent past/present. Anyhow, I'm off to edit another twenty-or-so pages today so that I'm officially more than half way done this little freelance job. Wish me luck.

P.S. Because I'm sure I've done a great job of selling the cg mega hose, complexgeometries is having a 48hr online sale starting tomorrow (July 12th) at 12PM EST. By using the code 'twentyfive', you'll get 25% off. This is for all stock, not like the random sales they've been having on select items lately. Check it out tomorrow, and be warned that all sales are final.


Related Posts