Monday, June 13, 2011

meshit*




After just stating that I don't really wear pullover sweatshirts, I rather like the idea of these by Austrian-based label meshit (found via NJAL), which comes from designer duo Ida Steixner and Lena Krampf. I have to admit that the description of inspiration for the A/W 11/12 collection as a whole is what made me take a closer look ("Swedish electronic art meets Norwegian Metal and meshes with Voodoo rituals"), and it wasn't until the second go-through that I noticed the recurrent detail of reinforced slits throughout the collection, most evident in the gilled forearms of one top, and gilled upper arms of another. I would pass on the black lipstick but, come October, I could definitely pull off this look. Especially as my next hair colouring appointment may be my last, meaning my blonde roots will make their first serious appearance in about seven years. Any thoughts of long hair that is blonde on top and black on the bottom? It might be a good thing that I wear mostly black, as my ends could blend in with my clothing and not look so out of place. Though it might take a year for my black 'ends' to be anywhere near my shoulders. Sigh.

By the way, if you're not into the Swedish/Norwegian/Voodoo vibe (and you can't find your way through the meshit online shop language-wise), meshit currently has a few of their S/S 11 pieces available at (and exclusive to) Topshop as part of their 'Emerge' section of up-and-coming designers. Though I personally think the dead forest is a better setting for even that collection than a white background and headless mannequin.

*Being a play on the verb 'to mesh'.


Related Posts