Wednesday, December 1, 2010

127 (Steps left before I become a grad student)



I've had so much going on in my head the last three days that I'm not sure I can be trusted to get both an interesting and coherent sentence out. So I'm just going to say one thing before I rest up for tomorrow: Go see 127 Hours. I've never had such a physical reaction to a movie before. I actually had the heat flash sensation of my adrenaline kick in a total of three times during the movie, not to mention the tearing up, dropping jaw, and feeling completely overwhelmed when Sigur Rós came on at the end just when James Franco finally finds help. Absolutely incredible performance and story. I suppose others could have a different sort of physical reaction with the arm cutting off scene, but I wanted to be an ER doctor as a kid and now work with blood all day (and it seems the whole world is still on a vampire kick), so I can't adequately gauge the grossness factor. Basically, if you know that Aron Ralston cut off his arm with a pocket knife, you can imagine what you'll see in James Franco do. As a side note, James Franco/his stunt double is a pretty excellent bike handler. Though for being in Moab, the world's mountain biking mecca, you'd think they would've given him a better bike. Or at least one without pesky cameras and wires and such...

In other news, my lost mitten is no longer lost! Turns out the keeper of bees is also a keeper of mittens. The world makes sense again.


Related Posts