Monday, June 7, 2010

Alexxsia Elizabeth



Huzzah! Blogger is finally working. Of course when it goes down just happens to be the exact evening/morning/afternoon when I have tons to post about. And then when it came back up, I was at the doctor, followed by the bra shop and laundry night. Sigh. So I'll fire one off now, before I disappear into the depths of my wonderfully clean sheets. A brief glimpse of Alexxsia Elizabeth's collection, shown at UWE Bristol's show at Graduate Fashion Week and seen via Fashion156, completely reeled me in. The gorgeous palette, entangled fabrics, and lovely silhouettes were inspired by the forest at night and the shadows and creatures, both real and mythical, which inhabit it. Doesn't this remind you of that Gareth Pugh dress, crossed with Where the Wild Things Are


Though this is a womenswear collection, Alexxsia, who is also a stylist, previously did a photoshoot with male models wearing these pieces, as seen below. Love. 


Alexxsia, may we see more please?


(Runway photos via Fashion156; Editorial shots and sketches via here)



Related Posts