Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mary Katrantzou, A/W 13






I've never posted anything from Greek-born, London-based (CSM grad) designer Mary Katrantzou, but I'm sure you and I both could point out a piece from any of her last few collections a mile away (Google her, you'll see what I mean). And until now, I thought her geometric digitally-printed pieces were too kitschy (or at least too brightly-coloured) for my tastes. But her A/W 13 collection is my favorite collection of the season so far, given the darker, simpler palette, the pretty outdoor prints, and the lovely shapes. Seeing as you can 'design' your own clothes that come out of a (3D?) printer, I wonder if, in the future, you'll be able to print off a dress displaying your own digital photos. Ridiculous amounts of ink, I'm sure, but that would be pretty darn cool.

(Photos via UK Vogue)


Related Posts