Sunday, November 4, 2012

Amygdala




This stuff is so ridiculously good. And yet I'm conflicted. I know I'm drawn to it for its architectural sensibilities and the fact that I've already posted some of Cunnington & Sander's work (i.e. check them out and buy something if you can). However, most of these pieces actually remind me of what I've been religiously checking every 5 available minutes this last week, being the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy (e.g. blackouts and twisted cranes). As far as I know, my friends in Brooklyn still don't have power, and my planned trip to visit them and present at a conference at CUNY next week will likely be called off in the next 24 hours. Stay warm, my friends (and, if time matters when the power is out, turn your battery-powered clocks back an hour). And perhaps move away from the coast sometime soon. Until we meet again...



(Photos via NJAL)


Related Posts